Sunday, October 18, 2009

Political fashion history: Madeleine Albright

I'm sure you've heard by now about Madeleine Albright's new book Read My Pins: Stories a Diplomat's Jewel Box and the accompanying exhibit at the Museum of Arts and Design in New York.



I haven't had the chance to get over to the exhibit yet myself, but the New York Times had an interesting interview a few weeks ago. This might be the most literal example of applying one's clothes to the practice of politics I've ever seen. If Aaron Sorkin had written this story into an episode of the West Wing, the television critics would have torn him to shreds. But if you ever doubted that people notice what you wear in politics, you shouldn't now.

More to come if I can make my way over to Columbus Circle!

No comments:

Post a Comment