Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rosa DeLauro

I was browsing the photos of the day on Roll Call, and I happened upon Congresswoman Rosa DeLauro. I had sort of the opposite reaction to Valerie Jarrett yesterday. I looked at Rep. DeLauro and I kind of wanted to find something wrong with her look, but I can't. She looks great, mostly because she looks like herself. You can tell that what she's wearing suits her own personal style. It's a little creative, a little earthy, but crisp and professional and put together.


I do think it's a little bit hard to see her face behind her glasses, but I think that's mostly just this shot. I looked for some video for you, but it appears that her speech on the importance of women workers at the Center for American Progress was not as high on the journalistic agenda today as a certain someone else's trip to the Mandarin Oriental in New York for a fundraiser.... but I digress.

She sticks to this mossy green palette a lot, and it works well for her. Everything fits beautifully. Mostly, I just think she looks like a lot of Connecticut women I know, and that's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment