Thursday, September 16, 2010

One problem too many

On Monday, Kay Bailey Hutchison spoke on the Senate floor about the Education Jobs Bill. She wore a beige suit:

You know what I'm going to say, don't you? This color is so close to her skin tone, she just blends into... all beige. If this were my only concern with this suit, I might suggest pairing it with a scarf in a color that works better for her, like a bright, true red, and the suite could be saved.

The problem is that the jacket is also quite shapeless. Without darts or a lapel, her shape is entirely lost.

How about something like this little peach number instead?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to wonder if we sometimes pick colors like this because we want to hide in plain site.

    Being guilty of this myself (and having sat a psychology lecture tonight) makes me wonder if there isn't some subconscious mechanism at work when you pick a color that makes you one monochromatic blob.

    Just like one would choose a bright and eye catching color when they are feeling gregarious and outgoing, would the reverse not also be true?

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay I am not deleting this again to fix my typo. Sight, not site.

    It is past my bedtime, obviously.

    ReplyDelete